Monday, December 17, 2007

Almost Done and Plant Trek Prep!

So I am almost finished with my Fall semester...just one more exam - Accounting - on Wednesday and I am officially on Winter Vacation. Whew! At that point, I will have finished half of my academic work at MIT. Hard to believe, but true. I've already bid on my Spring courses and will find out next Wednesday what classes I'll be able to take. I will admit to any potential students it is REALLY hard to narrow down the classes that you will want to take while here. It is amazing how every class you hear about is one that you add to your list for consideration. I think that I have a pretty good line up for classes but will fill you in next week on that information.

As far as Plant Tour goes, here is all the information about it that I know. Plant Tour is an LFM-defining event. The entire class (all 47 of us) head out for two weeks during the month of January to travel across the country visiting our partner companies manufacturing facilities.

Our itinerary for the trip is as follows:
Jan 6th - 8th: Austin, TX - Visiting Cisco/Flextronics/Dell
Jan 9th: Reno, NV - Amazon
Jan 10th - 13th: Seattle, WA - Boeing
Jan 14th: Milwaukee, WI - Harley-Davidson
Jan 15th: Chicago, IL - Honeywell
Jan 16th - 19th: Detroit, MI - GM, American Axle, possibly Ford and the North American Auto Show

We are all trying to get ready for our travels home (be they domestic or foreign) for Christmas and then again for our trip. It is a lot of work putting the whole trip together and all the credit goes to my classmates on the Plant Tour Committee. They have done a wonderful job. I'll keep you updated on our trip as best I can. It should be an amazing life experience so I hope that I do it justice.
More later...

No comments: