Monday, December 10, 2007

I Forgot! The Mandarin Oriental Hotel Construction Tour

So I totally forgot to post about the tour that the Real Estate Club set up. I am not in the Real Estate Club, but they opened up the tour to non-members as well (which is nice) so I got to join them on a tour of the new Boston Mandarin Oriental Hotel. It is still under construction (opening date is June 20th or so) so we all donned hardhats and got to walk around the construction! I really like seeing how things are put together so this was a great trip for me. We were able to tour the mixed use facility and got to see the hotel floors, the condo floors and the penthouse...a 6,000 sq. ft. unfinished condo that went for $14 million for the raw space. The future owner is supposedly planning to drop another $5 million to finish the condo. Talk about great location though: right next to the Prudential Center, Newbury Street right next door, views of The Charles, Fenway and all of Boston from the floor to ceiling windows - beautiful. When we visited it was getting late so we got to see the sun setting over Boston as we were in the penthouse. Let me just tell you that the future owner will have a lot of great views! Just wanted to drop another line before exam week kicks in!
More later...

No comments: